Click To Call Us 24/7
You’ve been involved in a car crash because someone else didn’t follow the rules of the road and now you’re suffering. Let our legal team help you get the compensation you deserve.
Car accident attorneys taking on negligent drivers and insurance companies.
You Can Recover Full Compensation After A Car Accident
If you have been injured in an auto accident that was caused due to the negligence of another driver, you should seek the advice of our experienced legal team as soon as possible. Even if you were partially to blame for the cause of the accident, you may still be able to recover a certain level of compensation for your injuries.
Even if the other driver was clearly at fault for the accident, his or her insurance company will try to avoid responsibility for your injuries and attempt to settle your case for as little as possible. Having a car accident attorney by your side from the start can help to ensure that your interests are protected throughout the process.
"So Grateful." I was t-boned in an intersection and seriously injured. Schuster Jachetti got me the compensation I needed.
Why Should I Contact A Lawyer If I Have Car Insurance?
Did you know that a traumatic brain injury caused by a car accident could cost as much as $3,000,000 over a patient’s lifetime? No matter how good your insurance policy is, every policy has limits. Once a policy limit has been met the insurance company simply sends a letter indicating that they will no longer be paying for medical care.
Having health insurance may also provide some relief but it will never pay for all medical expenses and it won’t cover losses such as lost wages, physical pain, and emotional trauma.
A lawsuit can provide the full compensation needed to pay for past and future losses but it can be difficult to obtain this full compensation without the assistance of an experienced attorney.
Our legal team understands how stressful this time is and our goal is to ensure our clients can focus on healing. This is why we handle the legal paperwork, collect the necessary evidence, handle the insurance companies, and prepare our client every step of the way.
How Much Is My Car Accident Lawsuit Worth?
Until our legal team fully reviews your case we are unable to provide an estimate as to how much your case may be worth. Since no two plaintiffs sustain the exact same losses, the monetary compensation obtained varies greatly from case to case. But you can rest easy knowing that our lawyers will seek the maximum possible in your case.
Free Legal Consultation
Click To Call Us 24/7
How Do I Know If Negligence Caused My Accident?
In many car accident cases, it is obvious that negligence has occurred. Common examples of negligence while behind the wheel include:
- Talking On A Cell Phone
These acts typically take the driver’s eyes away from the road which then causes the accident.
However, in some cases, negligence isn’t as obvious. For example, some accidents are caused by a defect in an automobile part, a defect that isn’t easily identified. If you suspect that your car malfunctioned and an accident occurred as a result, it’s critical to contact an attorney as quickly as possible so that industry experts can begin an investigation.
How Do I Choose A Car Accident Lawyer In Delaware?
A qualified Delaware Auto Accident Injury Attorney will possess several key qualities that will benefit you, your family and your case. They should not only inform you of your rights but also do everything in their power to protect your rights.
When interviewing personal injury lawyers regarding handling your case there are a few qualities they should possess if they are to properly and effectively represent you. Many times it is easy to be impressed by their website, their print ads or their television and radio commercials. The attorney who spends the most money on advertising is not always the best attorney to handle your lawsuit. Qualities you should look for when interviewing a personal injury lawyer include:
1. Experience Handling Your Type Of Claim If you were injured in a car accident, hiring an attorney who specializes in medical malpractice claims may not be the best option for you. The term personal injury is an umbrella term that encompasses many different types of injury and accident cases that occur in many different environments. For each type of personal injury claim, there are individual Delaware laws which govern the time limits for filing a claim, type of compensation you may be entitled to and benefits you may be awarded. If the attorney you are speaking with has not handled your type of case before it may not be a great idea to let them handle your case as a means of gaining experience.
2. Litigation Experience In today’s legal environment a large majority of personal injury claims are settled out of court and end with a settlement. That is fine and odds are your case could end in a settlement. What you should be aware of is the fact that it could ultimately go to the litigation phase i.e. trial. If the attorney you are speaking with has never had a case go to trial you may want to consider other options. There is a huge difference in an attorney being able to negotiate a settlement on your behalf and properly representing your case in court.
3. History Of Obtaining Maximum Compensation When speaking with a prospective personal injury lawyer you should inquire about their history of getting favorable settlements and verdicts for their clients regarding the type of case that applies to you. Also, if you were injured in Delaware you should make sure you are shown settlements and verdicts for Delaware cases similar to yours. If you are speaking with an attorney who practices in multiple states the settlements and verdicts you are shown may not actually be similar to yours.
4. Professional Affiliations, Community Involvement And Legal Discipline Record The various types of professional organizations and bar associations they belong to may offer insight regarding their level of commitment to their clients and their profession. An attorney should be involved in their community and routinely give back. Also, researching their disciplinary history can alert you to any professional struggles they have had over the course of their career.
5. History Of Handling Personal Injury Claims Sometimes attorneys can switch practice areas at any given time. Just because an attorney has been practicing law for over 20 years does not mean that they have been practicing personal injury law for that entire time. Be sure that the attorney you are consulting with has the experience you need.