Click To Call Us 24/7
Are you an injured worker who is fighting to get your workers’ comp claim paid? Let our legal team help.
Attorneys handling workers’ comp claims and appeals.
What Is Workers’ Compensaiton?
Most American workers understand that workers’ compensation exists and will somehow assist them if they are hurt on the job but until that injury occurs, they don’t understand how workers’ comp works or what it covers.
Workers’ compensaiton exists for two major reasons. First, if an employee is hurt at work the insurance should pay for the medical treatments relating to the injury and a fraction of any lost wages. Second, workers’ compensation protects employers from being sued by injured workers.
The problem is that while the employer is almost always protected, injured workers’ regularly find their claims have denied outright for simple mistakes. Insurance companies understand that if they make the claims process difficult, in the long run, the company will be saved money.
Our legal team knows all of the tricks that insurance companies use to deny claims or reduce the amount paid out. We are proud to represet injured workers and our goal is to help our clients fight for the compensation they deserve.
"Great Workers' Comp Lawyers" I couldn't get my workers' comp claim approved without the help of Schuster Jachetti.
Does Workers’ Compensation Cover All Types Of Injuries?
Yes, if you’ve been hurt at work, it doesn’t matter what type of injury you’ve sustained. Workers’ compensation is designed to cover all injuries and can even cover the cost of treating occupational illnesses as well. However, in some cases, it may be difficult to prove that the injury or illness was caused by your job.
Steps To Take If You’ve Sustained A Work Injury Or Illness
There are certain steps that every worker who has been diagnosed with a workplace injury or illness should take to protect themselves and increase their chances of getting their initial workers’ comp claim approved.
- Immediately seek medical treatment.
- Notify your employer in writing about your injury or illness.
- Contact a workers’ comp attorney.
- File your initial paperwork.
Our legal team, Schuster Jachetti LLP is prepared to help you with your claim, both during the initial filing period or, if your claim was denied, during the appeal process. Let us talk to the insurance company so that you can continue to focus on what matters most – your health.
Free Legal Consultation
Click To Call Us 24/7
How Much Does Workers’ Comp Pay and for How Long?
For a full explanation of the types of benefits available, we invite you to read our workers’ compensation FAQ. The following is a short summary of the benefits provided to injured workers in Delaware:
- Temporary total disability (TTD): After your treatment is finished, your doctor will determine whether you can or cannot go back to work. If you cannot, you are considered disabled. You will be entitled to receive 66 2/3 percent of your gross weekly wages for as long as you are disabled.
- Temporary partial disability (TPD): You are considered partially disabled if you can perform some work, but not the work you were performing at the time of your accident. You will be entitled to 2/3 of the difference between your old wage and your new wage. This benefit lasts a maximum of 300 weeks.
- Partial permanent disability (PPD): If one of your body parts is permanently impaired, you will receive a one-time payment, the size of which is based on what body part is impaired, how severe the impairment is, and how much money you were making at the time of injury.
What If I Caused The Accident That Injured Me?
Workers’ compensation is a “no-fault” insurance. This means that even if your own actions contributed to the accident that ultimately caused you harm, you should still be covered. There are some excpetions to this, for example, if you were drunk or high on illegal drugs at the time of the accident, you may find that your claim has been denied.
Call Our Delaware Workers Compensation Lawyers
You might think that you can navigate the workers’ compensaiton system alone but your chances of obtaining the maximum possible payout in a timely manner are greatly increased by working with an experiened lawyer.
At Schuster Jachetti LLP, our team of lawyers has more than three decades of experience helping injured workers. We pride ourselves on our dedication to the law and our excellent customer service. We treat each case as a unique claim because it is and we create a custom solution for each client.
Contact our local Delaware law office to learn more about how we help our clients with their workers’ comp claims, our past successes, and to have all of your legal questions answered.