The car accident attorneys in Wiltbank Landing, DE, at My Delaware Lawyers happily present the following details on the coastal community.
The neighborhood of Wiltbank Landing is located in the outskirts of Milton in Sussex County, Delaware. The neighborhood is just north of the Broadkill River. Some of the closest towns include Robertson Landing, Hazzard Landing, Broadkill Beach, and Waples Pond Acres.
The community is on the historic Broadkill River. The river begins at Wagamons Pond in Milton and travels 13.3 miles before dumping into the Delaware Bay. It is fed by two branches:
- Ingram Branch
- Pemberton Branch
It travels through many wetlands and salt marshes. At its mouth, there is a United States Coast Guard maintained station. This station guards its connection to the Rehoboth Bay and is part of the Atlantic Intracoastal Waterway.
During the 19th century, as the shipbuilding industry was booming, the river allowed access to the inland forests. However, in the 1890s, the industry began to decline.
The neighborhood caters to many travelers and offers many places to stay, including:
- Steamboat Landing LLC – an RV park and marina
- Mansion Farm Inn – a bed and breakfast resort
- Lazy L At Willow Creek Bed & Breakfast – a bed and breakfast overlooking the coastal marsh
In a short drive, visitors and guests can take advantage of the many attractions nearby. Some of these include:
- The Rookery Golf Course – This 18-hole course is open to the public all year round. It has been rated a four-star golf course and club. The amenities include a practice facility, a pro shop, and The Blue Heron Grille.
- Prime Hook National Wildlife Refuge – Nature lovers will love the 10,000 acres preserved as a habitat for many different birds and other wildlife species. Activities included within the park are canoeing, fishing, and walking the many trails.
- Hudson Fields – This venue has over 18 acres available for both athletic functions and special events. Many music concerts have been hosted on the grand open space, such as Jurassic Fest, Nanticoke Indian Pow Wow, and an annual Winter Wonderland Event, to name a few.
The area’s zoned public schools are part of the Cape Henlopen School District. Most students attend the following:
- H. O. Brittingham Elementary School – 435 students – located on Mulberry Street
- Mariner Middle School – 620 students – located on Harbeson Road
- Mariner Middle School – 1,499 students – located on Kings Highway
English is the main language spoken by the community, but as many as 2.0% of its residents speak Portuguese. Other languages include Polish and Arabic. Some of the ancestries found within the population include:
- Irish (22.7%)
- German (14.0%)
- English (11.5%)
- Scottish (6.2%)
- Italian (5.1%)
- Lebanese (4.4%)
- British (3.6%)
To get to know the next town, follow along: A Quick Guide to Anne Acres, DE
Our Local Office
The Wiltbank Landing, DE car accident attorneys at My Delaware Lawyers help injured drivers get the maximum payout they deserve regardless of who is at fault. Schedule your free legal review today to learn how they can help you.
Schuster Jachetti LLP
1308 Savannah Rd,
Lewes, DE 19958, USA