The personal injury attorneys in Anne Acres, DE, at My Delaware Lawyers have put together this guide on the neighborhood.
The neighborhood of Anne Acres is situated in the town of Rehoboth Beach in Sussex County, Delaware. The town has an elevation of 13 feet and is in the Eastern Time Zone. Some of the closest communities include Dewey Beach, Silver Lake Shores, Bay Vista, and Bay Harbor.
The greater area was founded as a site for the Methodist Episcopal Church camp meetings in 1873. They modeled the idea off of other camp meetings that lined the northern New Jersey shore. The railroad began stopping in the area in 1878, allowing visitors from the north end of the state. This initiated the community to become a tourist destination.
Within the greater area, there are many historical landmarks to visit, such as:
- Avery’s Rest Site – This historic site was home to Captain John Avery in the 17 century. Avery owned 800 acres in the area, where he lived until he died in 1682.
- Dodd Homestead – This estate also features a house that was constructed around 1830 in a Greek Revival style. Other buildings on the estate include a stable, a barn, a sizeable gable-roofed dairy barn, and a corn crib.
- Peter Marsh House – This home, also called The Homestead, was built in the mid 18th century and is located on Dodd’s Lane. It was constructed with cypress shingles and was restored by Colonel Wilbur Corkran in the 1930s. Today the house is owned by the University of Delaware.
- Thompson’s Loss and Gain Site – This historic site includes a tenant farm from 1720. A house, a well, and a root cellar are on the site.
- Thompsons Island Site – This archaeological site spanned 60 acres and was identified in 1942 but is believed to have been used as a camp as far back as 500 B.C.
- Warrington Site – This prehistoric Native American site is located east of County Road 274. It is said to date back to 1100 and has many pits lined with shells that the natives used for food storage and production.
To keep up with the tourism and visitors, the area is home to many hotels, such as:
- The Dunes Rehoboth Beach
- Days Inn & Suites by Wyndham
- Quality Inn & Suites
Both residents and tourists can enjoy the Surf Shack, located on Coastal Highway. The shop offers a variety of goods in addition to its cafe, including:
- surf-inspired apparel
Public education in the area belongs to the Cape Henlopen School District. The district has the following public schools for the residents to attend:
- Rehoboth Elementary School – 470 students – located on Rehoboth Street
- Beacon Middle School – 683 students – located on John J Williams Highway
- Beacon Middle School – 1,499 students – Kings Highway
English is the primary first language to the households in the neighborhood, but some speak Polish and Spanish. Many of the residents report their race to be white, but some of the others identify with the following ancestries:
The community is home to mostly educated and wealthy executives or professionals. As many as 12.34% work remotely. This allows them to avoid the 31.93 minutes average commute time that many residents spend driving each way.
Read more interesting facts about the coastal area: Getting to Know Wiltbank Landing, DE
Our Local Office
The Anne Acres, DE personal injury attorneys at My Delaware Lawyers, offer legal support to injured victims in the greater area. Call today for a free consultation and to explore your legal options.
Schuster Jachetti LLP
1308 Savannah Rd,
Lewes, DE 19958, USA